The most authoritative text on mobile cranes ever published. Endorsed by the world's foremost authorities, this book is consistent with most national standards. Clear, concise and extensively illustrated for practical, on-site application by all operating and supervisory personnel.
At 420 pages with over 500 illustrations and more than 150 load chart exercises for 17 different types of cranes, this is your comprehensive resource on mobile cranes.
Used internationally as an official course text in training and upgrading programs, this book is an essential reference in preventing costly and often deadly crane accidents.
- Mobile Cranes - Types, Main Components and Terminology
- Principles of Operation
- Quadrants of Operation
- Load Charts - Basic Terms and Conditions
- Load Charts - Main Boom Capacities
- Load Charts - Main Boom Capacities with Jibs or Boom Extensions
- Load Charts - Jib and Boom Extension Capacities
- Factors That Reduce Rated Capacity
- Pre-Lift Considerations and Set-Up
- Operating Procedures
- Appendix - Exercises and Reference Guides
- 420 pages
- 8.5" x 11"
- 2017 Revision (IHSA product MC001)
Second Edition Revisions include but not limited to:
- Addition of four types of mobile cranes
- New material added - wire rope safety
- New sections added - quandrants for radial boom derricks & articulating cranes
- Load chart added for articulating cranes
- New material added - operational aid and safety devices
- Material changed & new material added - wire rope inspection
- New material added - ground stability, outrigger use, and outrigger blocking
- Material changed & new material added - critical lifts, on-rubber lifting, working with jibs & leaving cranes unattended